Covid - 19
What to do when visiting
1. Avoid being exposed to respiratory viruses
• Avoid close contact with people who are ill with fever, cough or respiratory symptoms.
• Wash or sanitize your hands frequently — this is one of the most effective measures.
2. Avoid spreading respiratory viruses if you are unwell
• Stay at home or in your accommodation if you become unwell, develop a fever or have
other respiratory symptoms. Seek medical care but first call ahead.
• Maintain your distance from others — at least 1 metre.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a disposable tissue when coughing or sneezing and use
the nearest waste receptacle to dispose of the tissue after use. If you do not have a
disposable tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
• Wear a mask when required.
• Wash or sanitize your hands frequently — especially after coughing, before preparing
food or eating, after toilet use, after contact with ill persons, or during exposure to high
traffic public areas.
3. Be prepared to provide your contact details as part of the contact tracing
• Visitors will need to provide their contact details when attending meetings.
• Contact tracing information is confidential, and the Secretariat will not use it for any other
WEAR A MASK
GOD IS SOVEREIGN
WHY THE CORONAVIRUS?
What is God Doing?
1. Scripture Is Clear That God Has Foreordained All That Comes To Pass, He Executes His Decrees By His Providence (Daniel 4:34-35; Psalm 135:6).
All That Is Occurring With This Virus And Around The World Is Part Of God’s Sovereign Good Purpose.
2. Since The Pandemic Is According To God’s Holy Will, We Must Ask Ourselves, “What Is God Doing?”
I. God Is Proclaiming His Holy Judgement On The World For All The Idolatry, Corruption, Sexual Sin, Abortions, Prosperity, Materialism… That Have Become Normal.
Ii. God Is Chastising And Training His Children – Christians Are Not Exempt From The Virus. Peter Tells Us That Judgment Begins With The Household Of God (1 Peter 4:17) “My Son, Do Not Reject The Discipline Of The LORD Or Loathe His Reproof, For Whom The LORD Loves HE Reproves, Even As A Father Corrects The Son In Whom He Delights” (Prov. 3:11, 12).
God is Dealing with us – Individually and Corporately
A) Individually, We Are To Examine Our Lives To Ascertain If God Is Correcting Us For Particular Sins. If We Discern Specific Attitudes Or Actions That Relate Specifically The Consequences Of The Virus, Repent And Seek God’s Grace. If We Discover No Specific Relationships, Seek God’s Sanctifying Grace Through The Things We Suffer.
B) Corporately, God Is Refining His Church. As Christians, We Have Repeatedly And Rebelliously Profaned God’s Holy Day With Work And Recreation (Which God Connects With Idolatry, Ezek. 20:13-16); Because Of The Virus, Many Are Prohibited From Working Or “Playing” Every Day Of The Week. Increasingly, The Church Has Substituted Entertainment For Holy Worship. God Has Closed The Doors Of Our Churches. God’s People Have Grown Satisfied With Having One Service On His Day; God Has Removed All Services. We Have Taken Lightly The Privileges Of Corporate Worship; We Are Unable To Worship Corporately. (Prov. 3:11, 12).
What then is our Response
Here Are 6 Suggestions For Our Reasonable Response To God:-
1. Do Not Look Self-Righteously On Those Who Suffer. Begin With Yourself; Repent (Luke 13:1-5). Repent Of Your Sins, The Sins Of The Church, And The Sins Of Our Country.
2. Seek God’s Sanctifying Grace In Your Life. Don’t Waste Your Affliction. Pray That God Will Work In Your Life Through This Trial. Remember, He Has Promised That All Of This Is Working For Your Good (Rom. 8:28).
3. Plead With God That In Wrath He Would Remember Mercy. Pray That He Would Withdraw The Hand Of Judgment And Show Grace. Pray That Many Would Come To Saving Knowledge Of The Lord Jesus Christ Through This Pandemic. Pray For Opportunities To Speak To Your Neighbours About The Holiness And Grace Of God. Pray For The Live-Streaming Of Services. Many People That Would Not Go To Church Services Are Hearing The Gospel.
4. Pray For Those People Throughout The World That Are Seriously Ill. Pray That God Would Spare Their Lives. Pray For Those Who Do Not Have Basic Necessities For Daily Life. Pray That There Will Not Be A Worldwide Economic Recession.
5. Do Not Be Anxious. God Will Take Care Of You (Matt. 6:25-44; Phil. 4:4-7). Rest In The Loving Care Of Your Sovereign Saviour. Thank God For All He Is Doing. Be Reminded Of The Westminster Shorter Catechism 98: “What Is Prayer? Prayer Is An Offering Up Of Our Desires Unto God, For Things Agreeable To His Will, In The Name Of Christ, With Confession Of Our Sins, And Thankful Acknowledgment Of His Mercies.”
6. Through Our Time In Self-Isolation And Quarantine, We Can Develop Great Empathy For Our Brothers And Sisters Around The World Who Have Not Been Allowed To Meet On The Lord’s Day For Corporate Worship Because Of Persecution. What We Have Taken For Granted, They Have Not Enjoyed. Remember Them And Pray For Them.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS: DR JOSEPH A PIPA, Jr